Gastroenterology is the study of the diseases associated to the stomach and intestines. The subject of gastroenterology in Dubai was very commonly pursued. Hence, Dubai has the most experienced gastroenterologists till date.
Gastroenterologist have years of studying and training, before they are officially allowed to clinically perform. They are among the most knowledgeable doctors, which undergo intense study on various instruments by expert instructors. They have a combination of knowledge as well as skill and the capacity to apply this into their clinical practices in order to provide proper diagnosis for the patients. Gastroenterology in Dubai is widely studied because of the best study program and practice.
Gastroenterologists mainly diagnose the disease related to the GI (Gastro Intestinal) tract and treat them. However, they are not trained to perform any kind of surgery, which is the job of the GI surgeon. Yet, they are extremely skilful and can do various procedures, like:
- Colonoscopy: Is a common procedure where a long tube, along with a camera is inserted into the rectum in order to detect colorectal cancer.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound: Similarly, a tube with a camera is inserted into the body part of interest. This can be used to diagnose diseases of the upper or lower GI tract. For instance, organs like the pancreas, esophagus, colon, rectum, stomach and the bile ducts can be observed.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): A biopsy is conducted in order to detect any disease present in the bile duct.
- Liver Biopsy: is a basic test where a tissue of the liver is excised. This is then examined under microscopes to detect any sort of damage or disease that may be present.
- Sigmoidoscopies: is a procedure used with a help of sigmoidoscope to check for diseases related to the colon or large intestine. This can help find problems like diarrhoea, abdominal pain, polyps, constipation etc.
Along with conducting these tests, the gastroenterologists will have to first, prepare the patient for the tests. By explaining the procedure, he will be ready for the diagnostic tests conducted.
In Dubai, the most professional set of Gastroenterologists are present in the LapSurgery clinic.